Friday 20 February 2009

Mickey Rourke joins Jonathon Ross

Mickey Rourke joins Jonathan Ross this week on his BBC One show Friday Night With Jonathan Ross and talks about the pain behind his film, The Wrestler.

He says: "It's the hardest movie I ever had to make...too many [parallels] to be comfortable, there were moments when it was too close to home.

"I had to spend seven months putting on 28 pounds, eating seven times a day, I thought 'it's going to be fun' but I hated it.

"I ended up with three MRIs in two months, my legs couldn't carry the weight."

He also tells Jonathan about his years in the wilderness: "It was an accumulation of mistakes. You go out there, think you can rise above the s**t, but you fall into it...there were no rules...I didn't know you had to sell yourself, I wasn't educated enough to understand it, to play the game."

And why he'd like to win the Oscar: "After my drought it would mean everything. It would be an honour."

Will Young also joins Jonathan and discusses considering parenthood: "'I did have a patch when I thought 'maybe'."

Plastic surgery: "If I have good surgery I can keep smoking!"

And the pressures of fame: "You have to build up this tough exterior to be who you want to be. I've got a lot better."

Jonathan also welcomes comedian Jason Manford and there's music from The Cure performing live in the studio.

BBC Press Release

No comments:

Post a Comment