Thursday 20 November 2008

John Seargent leaves Strictly

After the controversy surrounding the popularity voting in Strictly Come Dancing and the risk that John Sergeant might unfairly win the competition over the more talented dancers, he decided to step out of the limelight and leave the BBC show.

Sergeant yesterday made a statement about his decision. He said: "I am sorry to say I have decided to leave Strictly Come Dancing. It was always my intention to have fun on the show and I was hoping to stay in as long as possible."

"The trouble is that there is now a real danger that I might win the competition." he added, "Even for me that would be a joke too far. I would like to thank Kristina and all those viewers who have been rooting for me through the series."

Jay Hunt, Controller at BBC One said: "John has told us of his plans to leave Strictly Come Dancing and we are very sad to see him go. He has been an entertaining contestant and is hugely popular with the viewers. We would have liked him to stay but we respect his decision to leave. John and Kristina will be performing a farewell dance this Saturday on the show."



(Statements courtesy of BBC Press Office)

No comments:

Post a Comment