Wednesday 12 November 2008

Emma Thompson won't be back as Trelawney

MTV Movies Blog has revealed that Emma Thompson has chosen a sequel for Nanny McPhee over Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and so will not be returning as Proff Trelawney for the final installments.

The actress said: “I’m making my own ‘Nanny McPhee’ next year. They mean much more to me.”

“The Harry Potters are great big franchises that are something I’m not emotionally attached to or necessarily particularly creatively attached to,” Thompson explained. “That’s more like doing a turn, whereas the Nanny McPhees are something I’ve written. The art is in those films, they’re very handmade, they’re something that’s very close to me. Those are the ones I really care about.”

"The working title is ‘Nanny McPhee and The Big Bang’,” she revealed. “It’s not a sequel, actually, it’s a new story."

It is thought that Emma Thompson not returning as Trelawney for the final Harry Potter film will have little impact as her character plays only a small role in the final book.

Fans speculate that if Dumbledore can be replaced during the series without too much disruption then, the same can be done for Trelawney.

Filming for the final Harry Potter films is due to start around February of next year ready for Part 1 to get a UK film release in November 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment