Thursday 29 January 2009

Student's music video makes the Ffresh Film Festival 2009

Emma Louise Bosley, 21, has an excellent opportunity coming up as she has been chosen to have her music video screened at the Ffresh film festival.

Emma, who is studying a BTEC National Diploma in Film and Media at Coleg Glan Hafren in Trowbridge, said: "My tutor was so proud of what I had achieved in my music video; he thought it was stunning and worth submitting into the festival. He sent me an email congratulating me as it was put into the Ffresh trailer. I then received an email from Ffresh telling me they had chosen my music video to be screened."

Ffresh, which will be kicking off mid-February, is a great opportunity for students to screen their work and meet the professionals. Emma said: "I am looking forward to meeting new people and people that are already in the film/TV business; this gives me an opportunity to ask questions about the industry."

"I would say I am nervous about people not liking my music video and nervous about people who are in the industry watching my music video as again they may not like it."

Emma, who would one day like to enter the film industry and work in cinematography and art direction, has loved film for a long time : "I knew I wanted to study films after watching Moulin Rouge; the way it looked made me want to look further into how it was done and how they achieved such beautiful cinematography. Then I started watching a wide range of films which made me want to learn more about filmmaking."

"My college course consists of many areas to help me with a career in film; film studies, camera techniques, pre-production, production, post-production, sound, lighting, editing and Photoshop; this gives me great knowledge and helps me to understand the stages of filmmaking so I am able to make my own independent films."

Emma is going on to do a Foundation degree in film next year which will be based at Coleg Glan Hafren for Two years and Glamorgan University for a further year.

No comments:

Post a Comment