Friday 3 August 2007

Transformers


I went to see Transformers the other day, reluctantly I might add.

I walked into the cinema with apprehension, thinking that it really wouldn't be my thing.

Was I wrong? sadly not.

Although the film had a decent plot and some excellent special effects, I just couldn't get away from the fact that I really wasn't the intended demographic.

It seems to be Hollywood grasping at comic book straws once again, which for comic fans and for fans of the original toys, it's great but, for the rest of us...well we don't really get it.

I did enjoy how the 'good' transformers interacted with the main character and with each other and how they were machines with a lot of personality, this did create some humour now and again. I did find the transformations impressive but, overall it's not a film I would rush to buy on DVD.

I felt that it was too long for a Hollywood blockbuster and was majorly aimed at a blokey audience. So blokes, by all means go and enjoy it...but leave the ladies at home...or better still let them go to see Hairspray!

1 comment:

  1. righto li... it wasnt aimed at a comic book audience like spider man etc... Transformers started out as toys and were adapted to comics and tv shows :P Although it was aimed for people enjoying the cartoons (it followed that story, the comics were different), comic-goers would have also liked it i spose too...

    i did have a massive contribution to add to this... but im at my nans, and i gotta go xD

    bb

    xx

    ReplyDelete